Friday 18 May 2012

Making the decision


We are moving to KL in August, 3 months to go and I am questioning if we have made the right decision?  I knew this would happen.  So much to sort out and plan, there were going to moments of doubt.   It was been such a roller-coaster since January and I realised that it is time to record this year  as it is going to fly by. 
Most of the population of this country were apparently looking for new jobs in the first week in January, and we were no exception.  The time had come.  We have three small children, really close in age.  Our youngest is 3 and a half, middle one just 5 and my eldest daughter is 6.  They are now old enough, but young enough for an adventure, so we decided perfect timing, to broaden our horizons. 
It took me a while to join the travel bandwagon.  When my better half started sending off job applications I stuck my head in the sand like an ostrich hoping nothing would happen.  But with some inspiration from my sister and friends, I realised actually, this was the most exciting thing we were doing.   Since we have had children, we haven’t been able to afford to travel anywhere.  They have never been on an aeroplane.  The furthest we have been as a family is France!

3 comments:

  1. WOW. Exciting stuff and don't let the doubts rule. There'll be plenty of fun ahead and lots of family time. Please keep writing so we know what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabella - Exciting times! I've lived in Malaysia (Penang) with my Mrs for 15 years and you'll certainly find it easier now than then. Are you moving from the UK?; you don't mention it in your blog. Will be great to hear more about your plans. I found your blog in one of my Google Alerts as I consult for a relocation company. No doubt you don't know me, but if I can be of assistance to you in answering questions you may have, I don't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Up North Expat - How lovely to hear from you. It is very exciting to be in contact with anyone from Malaysia as we don't really know anyone there and we are still very much in the dark about what to expect. I have had a fairly eventful and thoughtful day today preparing for our trip so I shall sit down to write my next blog.
      Yes, we are moving from the UK. We have never been to Malaysia and we have one week from our arrival in which to find a home, car, nanny, bank account and so on, before we both start our new jobs! Scary or exciting?

      Delete